CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Another Creation ( I didn't realise that both my posts are the same color)







This is one I've been working on since last month. I bought a Vogue pattern, I've heard they are difficult but I wanted to try it out. I bought fabric, and wah- la! It was hard work, a lot of cutting, stitching, unstitching, recutting and then adding the finishing touches. What do you think? Dan was

nice enough to take pictures of us and he even critiqued by dress so that I could make it look right, hence the unstitching... I was glad that he was willing to do that, because it made the dress a whole lot better.

7 comments:

christianne said...

Lis, I am so amazed at what complicated things you are doing as a beginning sewer. Very nice job. I love the lines of it and especially the two tone skirt. Your mom was a terrific seamstress too.

rubberbucketsaysso said...

Guess you got that nice side of mom's traits, I don't have the patience for nice sewing. I just wanna get it sewn and never mind if the seams are straight or that it hangs right! It's beautiful!

LIS G said...

I feel like it takes me alot more time then a natural sewer but i would like to get better at it. Cutting along the grainline is hard for me to do.. even when i'm following the pattern. Sometimes I just want to sew it and get it done with, even if it's not a good job, but then I take the time to look at it and decided what is the point of sewing my own clothes if they don't look good anyway. I might as well go buy them for the same amount of money. the dress supplies cost me $50. Definitely alot more then you would expect, and I even got the fabric for a good price.

TooSure said...

I like that dress. Looks nice. So... can I hire you for some work? Maybe a purse first?

Anonymous said...

I think the price part is the reason I have never canned or sewed..you can always buy it for so much less. BUT- your dress is made of quality materials and quality workmanship that most stores WE can afford don't offer AND you KNOW HOW TO DO IT. If I needed to sew my kids clothes, it'd be quite interesting to say the least. I love the vintage look of the dress, very fun.

cjmom said...

I am so impressed. I always think people that can make dresses look like they should are very unique - cause I sure can't.

Bloo Ruin said...

I really like that color on you. Fresh...clean..like an early spring morning as the sun begins to rise on the horizon. Sniff....ahhh the spell of morning air on the crisp breeze.