CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Dan goes to Kuwait JULY 6


Questions and Answers:


Asked by Becca: How long will Dan be gone?


Dan will be gone for 1 year, and with our fingers crossed we think he will be able to come home half way through for a visit (hopefully that's not just wishful thinking). I keep wanting time to slow down (until he goes) but inevitably it speeds up, and well, I'm sure when he's gone it will slow again. I hope its not the longest year in my life.




Asked by Thomas (Aunt Cathy's son): What branch of the Army is Dan in?


Ok, I am a new army wife, not quite sure what is meant by branch, but I'll send out the information that I do know, maybe that will answer the question... Dan is a sergeant in the reserves. He is a mechanic and works on the big trucks and hummers as his main course of work. He loves cars. He does other army stuff, guns, tracking, driving trucks, etc.




Aunt Cathy: "Thomas thinks it safe in Kuwait.." I hope he is right. Dan convinces me of that as well. Kuwait is the last part of the official U.S. holdings of Desert Storm. It looks like it's a couple of bases where U.S. soldiers are making sure the land is kept safe and free. (They are a very rich country because of the oil production and everyone wants to own Kuwait; the US has tried to help protect them and fight for their right to remain their own country). I hope Dan stays safe there.




Anne and Becca: Still don't know how to use facebook and I'm afraid of those High School stalkers that may be lurking. (Anne knows who I'm talking about). I'll think about it. I've heard stories about face book, not so sure yet, but I'll try to check it out. Sorry I haven't done it yet. You'll have to show me the ropes. Maybe when Dan leaves I'll get us both to sign up so we can also communicate that way. I hope he has access to the internet there?

3 comments:

christianne said...

I am not comfortable with facebk either Lis. Richard only joined it to see Camille's pictures that she wanted us to see.

I am so sorry you will be w/o your honey for a year. Do you have any plans for yourself...like moving to Kuwait? or something.

TooSure said...

hey hey.... come on... you will never really know until you try FB. You can keep your account private. I actually have not run into weird high school stalkers either. If you do not like it, you can just cancel the account later.

Anonymous said...

"branch" means is he in the Air Force, National Guard, Army, Marines.. do you know which one it is?
One year..wowee. You'll have a whole new marriage when he gets back! How exciting! :) Im trying to think of good things to say because in my heart, its all sad